Plainfield, Indiana, just a short drive from Indianapolis, is home to the sprawling outdoor Plainfield shopping center known as Metropolis Shopping Center. With a wide variety of specialty Plainfield businesses and a plethora of Plainfield restaurants sure to satisfy even the pickiest palate, it’s a great place to spend a sunny afternoon. It’s also a great place to spend a rainy one; Rave Motion Pictures is one of the most popular destinations in the mall. There’s even a play area for Plainfield kids and seasonal fountain shows for your viewing pleasure as you’re walking by.
|Video of the Smiley Morning Show‘s Pumpkin Drop at Metropolis Shopping Center in Plainfield, Indiana|
Metropolis Shopping Center is also an excellent place to see live Indianapolis music. The mall often hosts popular Plainfield events, including concerts, book signings, costume contests, and other exciting Plainfield attractions.
So if you’re in the mood to shop, dine, or see a movie (or all three) head to Metropolis Shopping Center to see what you’ve been missing. A favorite among the many Indianapolis shopping malls, Metropolis is also just plain fun.
|Video of the Jonas Brothers performing at Metropolis Shopping Center in Plainfield, Indiana|
Consult the list below before you head out if you’re shopping for something specific.
Women’s Fashion at Metropolis Shopping Center:
- Anne Taylor Loft: clothing and accessories for work and for play.
- C.J. Banks: The perfect place for today’s busy, fashion-conscious woman.
- Charlotte Russe: A teen-to-20-something fashion lover’s dream at the Metropolis Shopping Center.
- Chicos: For today’s sophisticated, classy woman.
- Christopher & Banks: A Minneapolis-based retailer especially for women who enjoy work and play.
- Coldwater Creek: Specializes in elegant clothing, accessories, and gifts for the classy female.
- Deb Shops: For junior girls with a passion for fashion; also has plus sizes at the Metropolis Shopping Center.
- J.Jill: Artistically elegant clothing for the sophisticated female at the Metropolis Shopping Center.
- Lane Bryant: The most recognized name in plus-sized clothing for women with an emphasis on fashion.
- New York & Company: Specialty retailer of moderately priced, high-quality women’s apparel and accessories.
Men’s and Women’s Fashion at Metropolis:
- Aeropostale: Casual apparel and accessories for the fun-loving guy and gal.
- American Eagle: Targeted toward 15-to-25-year-olds with a hip, casual style at the Metropolis Shopping Center.
- Hot Topic Apparel: If your style is edgy and unique, check out Hot Topic–based on a comic-book trend with bite.
- Old Navy: A causal style leader for men, women, and children at an affordable price at the Metropolis Shopping Center.
- Pacific Sunwear: Hip, trendy clothing for young men and women based on the style of sunny Southern California.
- The Buckle: Has a casual, fashion-forward approach featuring name brands such as Roxy, Lucky, Billabong and Silver.
Children’s Fashion at Metropolis:
- Children’s Place: high-quality, fun clothing for boys and girls at an affordable price, featuring current fashion trends for kids at the Metropolis Shopping Center.
- Justice (Limited Too): Clothing, sleepwear, accessories, and more for today’s fashion-forward tween.
Specialty Shops at Metropolis:
- Barnes & Noble: A bookstore phenomenon across the country selling books, CDs, DVDs, and more at the Metropolis Shopping Center.
- Bath & Body Works: A favorite on every woman’s list focusing on health, beauty, and well-being; perfect for gifts.
- Claire’s: One of the most popular accessories retailers for girls, this chain focuses on hip jewelry, hair accessories, make-up and more at the Metropolis Shopping Center.
- Dick’s Sporting Goods: High-quality sports chain offering clothing as well as the most up-to-date sporting equipment at a competitive price.
- DSW: More than a shoe store, this giant chain is a shoe lover’s dream at the Metropolis Shopping Center.
- Foot Quarters: Shoes for men, women, and children at a great price at the Metropolis Shopping Center.
- J. C. Penny: A department store featuring clothing,bedding and more for the smart shopper.
- Jos A. Banks: Specializes in high-quality menswear at competitive prices at the Metropolis Shopping Center.
- Journeys: Hip shoes, accessories, and apparel for teenagers who know what’s hot.
- Kirklands: Distinctive merchandise for the home-owner with distinctive taste, featuring artwork, garden accessories, and more.
- Lenscrafters: Can meet all your eye wear needs, including glasses and contacts, quickly and efficiently and at the right price at the Metropolis Shopping Center.
- Lids: The biggest and best selection of hats around, incorporating fashion, sports, and collegiate style into the mix.
- Portrait Innovations: The place to go for all your family, graduation, or wedding portrait needs.
- Select Comfort: The best place to pick out a comfy new mattress at a great price at the Metropolis Shopping Center.
- Stride Rite: A wide variety of children’s shoes at a reasonable price.
- The Finish Line: The leader in sports wear and shoes featuring brands such as Nike, Adidas, Asics, New Balance, and more.
- Ulta: A haven for make-up lovers featuring a wide variety of brands of cosmetics, hair products, skincare, and fragrances.
- Vera Bradley: Colorful and distinctive luggage and handbags for the accessory-loving gal.
- Verizon: For all your cell phone needs at the Metropolis Shopping Center.
- Victoria’s Secret: The country’s leading chain for all things lingerie.
- Yankee Candle: A wide variety of the best-scented candles you’ll find anywhere.
- Zales: High-quality jewelry retailer specializing in rings, necklaces, earrings and more at the Metropolis Shopping Center.
Restaurants at Metropolis Shopping Center:
- Claddagh Irish Pub: The place to go for all things Irish; a friendly, upbeat “public house” with traditional Irish fare at the Metropolis Shopping Center.
- Cold Stone Creamery: If you’re in the mood for a cold, smooth ice cream treat, head to this popular chain.
- Panera Bread: Bakery-fresh goodies including soup, salad, sandwiches and a wide array of tantalizing desserts.
- Stone Creek Dining Company: A sophisticated menu and a cozy, warm atmosphere at the Metropolis Shopping Center.
Entertainment at Metropolis Shopping Center:
- Glace Nails: Full-service nail salon for your next girls’ day out.
- Rave Motion Pictures: State-of-the-art movie theater with stadium-style seating at the Metropolis Shopping Center.
- Serendipity Banquet Center: Brand-new banquet facilities for your next big event overlooking Futura Park.
Metropolis Shopping Center
2449 Futura Pkwy, Suite 255
Plainfield, IN 46168
Read more about the Metropolis Center Mall
Downtown Indianapolis Shopping Malls and Centers | East Indianapolis Shopping Malls and Centers | North Indianapolis Shopping Malls and Centers | North East Indianapolis Shopping Malls and Centers | South Indianapolis Shopping Malls and Centers | West Indianapolis Shopping Malls and Centers | More Indianapolis Shopping Malls and Shopping Centers
Anderson Shopping | Avon Shopping | Bargersville Shopping | Beech Grove Shopping | Brownsburg Shopping | Camby Shopping | Carmel Shopping | Cicero Shopping | Crawfordsville Shopping | Danville Shopping | Fishers Shopping | Greencastle Shopping | Greenfield Shopping | Greenwood Shopping | Lawrence Shopping | Lebanon Shopping | Martinsville Shopping | Mooresville Shopping | Noblesville Shopping | Plainfield Shopping | Shelbyville Shopping | Westfield Shopping | Zionsville Shopping